Advanced Business Valuation Modeling
(Online Certificate Course)
The Valuation course unfolds over 10 Days (60 Hours) Study material. It will cover 2 to 3 new topics every day with 90 Min Theory and 210 min of modeling workshop on Microsoft Excel. Every other week we will have a Revision session of 150 Min. Students upon completing three multiple choice quizzes, a final valuation project, and a multiple choice final exam. Successful completion of the course results Certificate in Advanced Business Valuation Professional
- Course learning objectives:
- Understand the difference between equity value and enterprise value Learn how to calculate various equity and enterprise value multiples
- Understand the drivers of equity multiples and value a business using equity multiples Calculate and analyze valuation multiples
- Learn the most common multiples: EV/Revenue, EV/EBITDA, EV/EBIT, P/E Know when each type of multiple is appropriate to use Appreciate the drivers of equity and enterprise multiples
- Value a company using comparable company analysis Value a company using precedent M&A transactions
- Learn how to value a business using discounted cash flow techniques.
- Complete Excel-based case studies and solutions as well as a PDF valuation reference guide that can be used while taking the course and downloaded to your computer for future reference.
- Calculate free cash flows to the firm and to equity
- Outline the main drivers of free cash flows Value a business using a two-stage DCF valuation model
- Learn how to calculate the cost of equity, cost of debt and the weighted average cost of capital.
- Calculate Beta in an Excel spreadsheet Calculate an organization’s weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Create a football field chart to summarize the various valuation methods used in the analysis: Comps, Precedents